Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Future



I think of capitalism.
I think of our ancestors.
I think of dead animals, and decay festered.
I think of pain and sorrow.
I think of terror, of eyes hollow.
I think of sadness and grief.
I think of genocidal mischief.
I think of greed and selfishness.
I think of mania, of madness.
I think of oppression.
I think of the lessons.
I think of tears.
I think of fear.
I think of confusion.
I think of transfusion.
I think of murder, of killing.
i think of blood-spilling.
I think of black smoke and black oil.
I think of polluted soil.
I think of slavery.
I think of depravity.
I think of servitude.
I think of rotten fruit
I think of anger.
I think of danger.
I think of a new system.
I think of new rhythms.
I think of possibilities.
i think of smiles and free.
I think of what we don't waste.
i think of the wonderful tastes.
I think of human potential.
i think of the sexual and sensual.
I think of sharing.
i think of declaring.
I think of communality.
I think of travel being free.
I think of revolution.
I think of clear not illusion
I think of ending poverty.
I think of equality
I think of happiness, of laughter.
I think of slower not faster.
I think of the future.
i think of nurture
I think of celebrations.
I think of elevations
I think of living.
i think of giving.
I think of green trees and blue oceans.
I think of trillions of bees and forward motion.
I think of an end to inheritance.
I think of no one born rich.
I think of living wages.
I think of healthy babies.
I think of a system for and by the people.
I think of a secular and not steeple. 
I think of the things that could go wrong.
I think of the struggle to get it right.
I think of a mutable and supple vision in sight. 
I think of how people don't understand it.
I think of redundant pundits who twist the words.
I think of trying to end wars.
I think of more jobs and opportunities. 
I think of new buildings and infrastructure.
I think of workers and the poor. 
I think of no boys and girls as cannon fodder.
I think of no prison industrial complex.
I think of good schools and food for youth.
I think of health care and healthy tooth. 
I think of food in abundance. 
I think of love.
I think of love for one another.
I think of love of ourselves.
I think of love for our world.
I think of love for our future.
I think of revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment